Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wanton Hours

I am experiencing an unexpected windfall today - TIME. Unscheduled. Unstructured. Uninterrupted. UNBELIEVABLE! If it weren't for all of the work that needs doing, I wouldn't quite know what to do with myself. I always think that, when I get time, I will use it to reflect...on teaching, creating, living, etc. Most often, though, the reflection happens while driving to work each morning and home again each night, while doing the dishes or sweeping the floor or wrapping up the garbage, while trying to fall asleep at night or desperately clinging to sleep the next morning. I look at time with a kind of nostalgia. It always seems like I had so much more of it once. This cannot be true though, because I cannot remember a time when I was not engaged in more than enough for two or three people.

Of late, my time has been devoted to: teaching and all of its related responsibilities, including the creation of an on-line course that I will teach at KSU this summer; and completing Prospect & Refuge for Antaeus Dance, which premieres May 19-22, 2011 at CPT. Of course, there is being a wife, daughter and sister - somethings which never get enough time and which are sweeter, truly, than anything else here mentioned.

Obviously, blogging falls far down on the list of things that get a piece of the time pie. My last entry came at the end of the annual Allegheny Summer Dance Intensive, something for which I am once again preparing.

Over the next several days, and then weeks, I will be reflecting on the final days of Prospect & Refuge. It has been a lengthy and, at times, complex process. My hope is that you will make time to see the dancework in Cleveland Public Theatre's Gordon Square Theatre May 19th through 22nd.

Until next time,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment