Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome: What to Expect

"There is no shortcut about learning dancing. You just have to get in there, and step by step, see how the thing feels..." -Erick Hawkins

I recall my impatience as a fledgling student of dance, my wanting to know more, to be more, MORE NOW. My impatience has been tempered over time, not so much by its waning as by the emergent reasons and desires behind it.

This blog will offer musings on my current work with Antaeus Dance, and will undoubtedly reference past works as well. Because none of us exist in a vacuum, I may also reference my life as (in no particular order) an educator, wife, citizen, etc.

I will post news about Antaeus Dance, reflect on the creative process, invite questions and comments, and generally provide insights into how and why we do what we do as a company.

Welcome! and please visit again soon.
Joan Meggitt

Artistic/Executive Director

1 comment: