Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Antaeus Dance & MorrisonDance in Lincoln Park This Weekend

It's all done but the doing of it. Antaeus Dance had its final company rehearsal last night in preparation for this weekend's concert with MorrisonDance. I must admit to dragging a bit this morning, but I am enjoying moving with Shanna, Marissa and Heather nonetheless.

While we gear up for this concert, Shanna and I have also been preparing for the annual Allegheny Summer Dance Intensive. The enrollment is maxed out and we are looking forward to meeting new students and excited to see some familiar faces as well. I have been leading the intensive since 1999, so I have had the opportunity and the pleasure of seeing many students from the start to the finish of their time at Allegheny.

I have a few applications for venues and grants in the hopper, as well as course materials for my classes at Kent State University. It has been a lovely summer and I am looking forward to a year rich in dance. You will find AD's season to the right, as well as KSU concerts that include my work.

See you in the park!
Joan

Photo of Hidden Dialogue by Scott Radke


No comments:

Post a Comment